Internet Security Statement
This Internet Security Statement covers the measures that Cetera takes to help secure your personal information.
Cetera maintains a comprehensive Information Security Program based on ISO 27001/27002 and NIST SP 800-53 standards. The program is comprised of administrative, technical, operational and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the personal information of our customers.
Some of the core features of the program include:
- Policies, standards, processes and guidelines that govern information technology resources to protect information assets and safeguard personal information
- Technologies such as firewalls, encryption, endpoint protection, intrusion detection, Virtual Private Networks, log aggregation and analysis, SPAM Filtering as well as data loss prevention
- Verification of security controls conducted both internally and by independent third parties
- Ongoing internal and external threat and vulnerability assessment and remediation
- 24/7/365 monitoring of our systems and networks to detect weakness and potential intrusions
- Processes executed at consistent intervals, designed to continuously assess and remediate potential security risks
- Continuous identification, assessment and management of enterprise and branch level risk
- Due diligence to manage risk when selecting and retaining external vendors and service providers that help us service your needs
- Ongoing Continuous and mandatory security awareness program for all staff and branch personnel
- Continuous training of staff in financial and technology best practices, products and processes
Encryption technology is designed to secure personal and confidential communications between your computer and Cetera servers, so that they are protected from being read by any third parties. Cetera’s web and mobile applications require a minimum 128-bit SSL TLS encryption, which is the de-facto industry standard for encrypting and safeguarding websites.
Sessions and System Inactivity
All Cetera websites and mobile applications allowing access to client personal information require all users to log in with a user name and password. While you are logged in, if you leave your browser window open, Cetera applications will automatically log you out after a period of inactivity. Similarly, if you close your browser window or mobile application window without logging out, you will be automatically logged out. Both of these measures are designed to protect your information from unintended access by a passerby or different user of your computer.
Other Security Measures
Cetera engages in a number of other security activities to help ensure the safety and privacy of your personal information. Cetera’s Information Security Program is comprehensive and is designed to allow our representatives to use the tools and software we provide with confidence.
Note: Due to the ongoing nature of security monitoring, this Internet Security Statement is subject to change without notice to you, so we recommend that you review it regularly.
If you would like to unsubscribe from marketing emails sent by Cetera Financial Group, Inc. you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails, emailing us directly or you can also unsubscribe here.