Cetera, a leading financial advice network with more than 8,000 professionals nationwide, successfully concluded its inaugural Connect@Home experience, a virtual, completely reimagined on-demand version of its annual award-winning1 Connect conference for Cetera affiliates. For the first time ever, the entire conference took place in a streaming environment offering training, professional development, inspiration and entertainment for six days in the month of October.
The highly personalized experience allowed attendees to customize sessions based on their business goals and community interests. In addition to providing business and financial education from leading CEOs and centers of influence in the profession, attendees had access to entertainment from HGTV stars, magicians, award-winning chefs, as well as investor-focused sessions.
The event was a success, exceeding expectations for attendance and audience engagement.
- 9,400+ total registrations with 3,000+ clients of affiliated financial professionals in attendance for special events for the first time in firm history
- Significant engagement rate of 12 live sessions per attendee, with average session rating totaling 4.6/5.0
- On average, session attendance trended at 250+ which is 3x higher than previous year
- Major boost from prominent headliners, luminaries and keynote speakers, including Cetera CEO Adam Antoniades, President George W. Bush, Ambassador Carol Mosely Braun, and Cantor Fitzgerald Chairman and CEO Howard Lutnick.
Top-rated sessions included:
- “A Conversation with President George W. Bush” with Cetera CEO Adam Antoniades
- “Resilient Leadership,” featuring Cantor Fitzgerald Chairman and CEO Howard Lutnick
- “Transformational Leadership”, featuring Ambassador Carol Mosely Braun
- “Salute to Courage”, featuring Medal of Honor Recipient, U.S. Army Colonel (RET) Jack Jacobs
- “40 Thoughts from 40 Years”, featuring Larry Carroll, CFP®, CEO and Chief Wealth Strategist, Carroll Financial
Melissa Machlitt, Executive Planner at AdvisorNet and attendee said, “Connect@Home was a unique and engaging streaming experience that I have yet to see in our industry. The variety and quality of content this year was amazing, and I especially appreciated the flexible agenda and the on-demand viewing capabilities. There were so many sessions I could not attend live, but now I can! I also loved the genuine content; for example, it was a privilege to see a side of President Bush that is rarely shown to the public. The cherry on top for me was that my clients were able to share in that experience. Thanks, Cetera for a great experience!”
1 Cetera’s Connect conference was awarded a 2019 silver Stevie® award at the 18th Annual American Business Awards®
About Cetera Financial Group®
Cetera Financial Group (Cetera) is a leading financial advice firm. It empowers the delivery of an Advice-Centric Experience® to individuals, families and businesses across the country through independent financial advisors as well as trusted tax professionals and banks and credit unions. It’s headquartered at 200 N. Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 1200 El Segundo, CA 90245-5670.
Comprehensive services include: wealth management solutions, retirement plan solutions, advisory services, practice management support, innovative technology, marketing guidance, regulatory support, and market research.
"Cetera Financial Group" refers to the network of independent retail firms encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors LLC, Cetera Advisor Networks LLC, Cetera Investment Services LLC (marketed as Cetera Financial Institutions or Cetera Investors), Cetera Financial Specialists LLC, and First Allied Securities, Inc. All firms are members FINRA / SIPC.
Individuals affiliated with Cetera firms are either Registered Representatives who offer only brokerage services and receive transaction-based compensation (commissions), Investment Adviser Representatives who offer only investment advisory services and receive fees based on assets, or both Registered Representatives and Investment Adviser Representatives, who can offer both types of services.
Want more insights like this, sent straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to email updates from Cetera and be well informed about what’s happening within the market and the financial services industry overall.