Program managers are responsible for the ongoing management of the investment services program at a financial institution. Find out more about the responsibilities and qualifications needed to become a program manager with Cetera Investment Services below.
Program managers have the primary responsibility for establishing and achieving the sales, revenue, and expense goals of the program, which includes accountability for the development and management of the sales and marketing programs, financial metrics, and customer satisfaction measures. This position is also responsible for compliance with applicable state and federal securities and insurance laws and regulations. In addition, this position is responsible for the supervision of the financial advisors, sales assistances, and of the investment sales activities of the licensed branch employees. This position also serves as the liaison between the financial institution and the broker-dealer, Cetera Investment Services
Sales Management and Measurement
- Hire, train, motivate, and retain licensed employees for designated branches.
- Track all sales and productivity of financial advisors and licensed employees to achieve maximum sales and revenue goals while controlling expenses.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to financial advisors and licensed employees to include goal setting, performance measurement, performance feedback, selling assistance, and sales coaching.
- Develop, implement, and monitor department’s performance targets, such as revenue, net contribution, product development, quality assurance, compliance and budget issues, etc.
- Partner closely with retail institution branch managers and staff and with other business unit managers and staff by providing education about the benefits of the investment program to ensure multiple quality referrals.
Risk and Regulatory Compliance
- Monitor adherence to all regulatory requirements, laws, and guidelines as determined by state, federal, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all financial advisors and licensed bank employees are aware of and consistently trained on compliance and regulatory issues. Conduct periodic reviews of policies, procedures, and regulatory adherence.
- Maintain required OSJ records.
- Conduct ongoing due diligence of all products offered by the program.
Customer Service and Communication
- Assure investors are properly informed of product features and risks. Assure all communication materials are consistent with sound investment and financial principles.
- Establish and monitor measures of customer service satisfaction as delivered by all members of the investment program.
- Series 7 and 24 licenses; life and disability insurance license (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in investment sales and financial services field
- Five or more years of investment sales experience in a bank or credit union or the financial services industry; investment sales program management experience strongly preferred
- Continuing professional education required and development of advanced credentials and/or license and training expected
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must exercise good judgment, accept responsibility, and handle confidential information